Tasmania Premier Will Hodgman
Tasmania’s Tourism Stars Shine Bright On National Stage
Victor P Taffa
Last night, in front of Australia’s tourism leaders, Launceston shone bright as the host and true star of the 2019 Australian Tourism Awards.
Tasmania was once again very well represented across categories. Congratulations to all the Tasmanian award recipients and nominees, with Tasmania’s world-class tourism operators taking home the following medals:
Recipient And Category
Gold Medal Recipients:
- Port Arthur Historic Site – Major Tourist Attractions & Cultural Tourism
- MACq 01 Hotel – Deluxe Accommodation
Silver Medal Recipients:
- Pennicott Wilderness Journeys – Major Tour and Transport Operators
- Roaring 40s Kayaking – Adventure Tourism
- NRMA Port Arthur Holiday Park – Caravan and Holiday Parks
- Avalon Coastal Retreat – Self-Contained Accommodation
Bronze Medal Recipients:
- Three Capes Track – Ecotourism
- Willie Smith’s Apple Shed – Tourism Wineries, Distilleries and Breweries
- Coal River Farm – Excellence in Food Tourism
“With record growth in our visitor economy it is clear that Tasmania has what the world wants.” Premier Will Hodgman said.
“Tasmanian Government has unapologetically focused on the tourism industry as an important partner and contributor to our recent success.”
Tourism is one of the Tasmania’s great success stories, contributing over $3 Billion to our gross state product and supporting around 38,000 jobs, or more than 15 % of total employment across the State.
Tasmania has a vibrant and growing reputation as a destination which offers premium experiences, world-class produce and an unrivaled natural environment, and the Government will continue to work with our industry to drive this growth further.