Victoria Minister for Manufacturing Exports and Trade Richard Dalla-Riva
Manufacturing Awards Recognise Local Success
Victor P Taffa
Minister for Manufacturing, Exports and Trade, Richard Dalla-Riva, last night announced the winners of the 2012 Victorian Manufacturing Hall of Fame Awards at a ceremony that brought together more than 800 industry leaders.
Mr. Dalla-Riva said the awards were an important part of recognising the strength and success of Victoria’s manufacturing capabilities.
“We have examples of manufacturing companies here in Victoria that lead Australia in sectors such as aerospace and defence, engineering, food processing, fashion and textiles and others that continue to be successful in challenging economic circumstances and these awards celebrate that leadership and innovation.” Mr. Dalla-Riva said.
“The Coalition Government is committed to ensuring growth in our manufacturing sector and we are assisting manufacturers to invest in technology to progress from medium enterprises to high-performance companies, working alongside our world-leading research institutions and also by offering support and assistance to enter new growth markets overseas.”
Mr. Dalla-Riva honoured Dandenong bus company maker and principal of the Grenda Corporation, Ken Grenda AM, as the 2012 Honouree, adding his name to the Awards’ Honour Roll.
“Ken has not only shown a life-long commitment to manufacturing in Victoria, but became an Australian hero earlier this year when his family owned company sold its transit operations after 66 years and decided to hand over part of the profits to its 1800-strong staff as a token of thanks.” Mr. Dalla-Riva said.
Winners of the 2012 Manufacturing Hall of Fame Awards include:
- Mr. Ken Grenda, AM, Honouree
- Dr. Erol Harvey, CEO MiniFab, Enabling Technology Entrepreneur of the Year
- Matt Nettleton, Business Manager Concept Recycling, Corex Plastics, Young Manufacturer of the Year
- Coating and Industrial Technologies, Manufacturer of the Year (small business)
- Koko Black, Manufacturer of the Year (medium business)
- Marand Precision Engineering (large business)
- Hydrix, Enabling Technology Company of the Year
- Boss Polymer Technologies, Inductee into Manufacturing Hall of Fame
- Corex Plastics, Inductee into Manufacturing Hall of Fame
- Fantech, Inductee into Manufacturing Hall of Fame
- Henry Haymes Pty Ltd (Haymes Paint), Inductee into Manufacturing Hall of Fame
- Hospira (Australia) Pty Ltd
- NHP Electrical Engineering
- United Bonded Fabrics