Western Australia Minister for Agriculture and Food Terry Redman
New Beef Brand On The Menu
Victor P Taffa
- Launch of locally produced WA Angus Supreme
- New label is a Buy West Eat Best partner
A new brand of locally grown, Western Australian beef was launched today by Agriculture and Food Minister Terry Redman.
WA Angus Supreme is the culmination of two year’s work by the WA Angus Society and a private processor to market beef from Angus cattle.
Mr. Redman said WA Angus Supreme was another example of how the State’s agriculture and food sector was working to generate market opportunities.
“Producers and processors have worked together to capitalise on growing consumer demand for locally grown Angus beef, which is known for its eating quality and tenderness.” Mr. Redman said.
“I congratulate those involved for their innovation and perseverance in realising this concept.”
WA Angus Supreme is a new partner in the Buy West Eat Best food labelling program, which identifies and promotes WA-grown, farmed or fished produce.
“Buy West Eat Best has more than 100 members, represented throughout the food supply chain, including the big retail operators.” the Minister said.
“When consumers ask their butcher for WA Angus Supreme they can be assured the product meets the strict Buy West Eat Best requirements.”
- Angus is the most popular breed of cattle produced in WA
- In 2010-11 the WA beef industry was worth $609.3 M (Gross Value Agricultural Product)
- Buy West Eat Best partner products can be identified by a bold green WA ‘bite’ brand