South Australia Deputy Leader of the Opposition Mitch Williams
Government By Fundraiser
Victor P Taffa
It says something about the Weatherill Labor Government that the only way Keith Hospital could get a one-off grant was to attend a Labor fundraiser.
- Questions in Parliament didn’t get the grant
- Speeches in Parliament didn’t get the grant
- Media releases didn’t get the grant
- Media conferences didn’t get the grant
- Public protest rallies didn’t get the grant
- Public meetings didn’t get the grant
Not one of these democratic methods of approach to Government worked.
Keith Hospital got a one-off grant as a result of attending a Labor fundraiser.
“If the Premier was so interested in the Keith Hospital he could have met anytime since he took over in October 2011 nine months ago.” Deputy Leader of the Opposition Mitch Williams said.
“He didn’t have to wait for them to attend a Labor Party fundraiser.”
“Good on Keith Hospital for getting a one-off grant.”
“But it says something about this Labor Government that they would not listen to the community until they attended a Labor fundraiser.” Mr. Williams said.