Northern Territory Minister for Territory Families Dale Wakefield
Release Of The October School Holiday Program
Victor P Taffa
Northern Territory Government’s investment in the school holiday programs will see over 250 activities occurring throughout the Territory in the upcoming school holidays (28 Sept-13 Oct).
“Territory Government’s investment in school holidays programs will see over 250 activities occurring across the Territory over 2 weeks for the October school holiday. The educational and fun activities will keep kids busy and engaged.” Minister for Territory Families Dale Wakefield said.
“School holiday activities that we have on offer will also give at-risk young people a safe space to hang out together.”
October school holiday program provides young Territorians with a great opportunity to experience new sports, get creative through art and craft activities, and go on excursions.
Highlights of the October school holiday program:
- Darwin has more than 60 diverse and engaging activities including a huge pool party involving NGOs, sporting organisers and around 500 young people. The Shak will be open late every Friday, finishing with a late-night disco and Palmerston and Regional Basketball Association will be hitting the streets with Streetball.
- Palmerston has more than 50 activities including youth drop-in sports, art, dance and cultural activities, breakfasts at the YMCA, Young Mulligas and Cudgeries and excursions to the Wave Pool.
- Alice Springs has more than 60 activities including Geek in Residence, the Alice Springs Town Council’s special Birthday Splash Bash, rock climbing, basketball tournament at the YMCA, movie night at the cinema and table tennis, music, arts and crafts at the GAP and Brown St drop-in centres.
- Tennant Creek has 25 events and activities including arts and craft, sports, cooking class, pool days, excursions, movie nights and fun activities and events at the Youth Drop In.
- Katherine has more than 35 activities including discos, movie day, Muay Thai, pool day and water play, arts and crafts and more.
- East Arnhem is incorporating 10 community hubs this school holidays. Activities will include youth wellbeing camps and hip-hop dance workshops.
Most events or activities are free.