Department Stores Up 7.2%
New South Wales Up 0.4%
Australian Bureau Of Statistics
Victor P Taffa
The latest ABS retail trade figures show that sales in January rose 1.2%, seasonally adjusted, compared with a fall of 0.9% the previous month.
Sales rose, in seasonally adjusted terms, across five industry groups:
- Department Stores (7.2%),
- Clothing, Footwear & Other Personal Accessory Retailing (2.9%),
- Other Retailing (1.4%),
- Food Retailing (1.3%),
- Household Goods Retailing (0.6%).
- Sales fell in Cafes, Restaurants & Takeaway Food Services (-3.1%).
Growth in sales for January:
- South Australia (3.7%),
- Western Australia (2.6%),
- Victoria (1.5%),
- Australian Capital Territory (0.8%),
- Queensland (0.7%),
- Northern Territory (0.6%),
- New South Wales (0.4%).
- Tasmania was unchanged in January.
- Trend turnover for January 2010 rose 0.4%.