Northern Territory Minister for Multicultural Affairs Dale Wakefield
Supporting Jobs And Multicultural Organisations
Victor P Taffa
Northern Territory Government has awarded 3 multicultural organisations funding to renovate or upgrade their facilities, boosting their community assets and creating local jobs for Territorians.
“Our diverse, multicultural community is part of the Territory’s identity and one of our biggest strengths.” Minister for Multicultural Affairs Dale Wakefield said.
“Territory Government is investing in our multicultural organisations to thrive because a rich, multicultural community benefits every Territorian. These grants will also help create jobs for locals as upgrade works begin on community facilities.”
3 multicultural organisations who received funding include:
- Hindu Society of the Northern Territory-$90,000 to open a new entrance to separate the Harmony Hall from the temple and construct 30 carparks
- Italian Sports and Social Club-$11,000 to repair fence and gate damaged by the Cyclone Marcus for its facility
- Serbian Orthodox Church Mission of St. Sava Incorporated-$18,000 to renovate and extend existing toilet facilities
Additional funding of $50,000 was also awarded to 4 organisations under sharing arrangements. The organisations include:
- Filipino Australian Association of the NT,
- Greek Orthodox Community of Northern Australia,
- Hindu Society of the NT,
- Portuguese and Timorese Social Club.
Multicultural Community Facilities Grants Program is designed to assist projects that provide improved:
- Venues that will be used to host a range of multicultural events
- Meeting places to encourage development, expression and promotion of multicultural diversity
- Premises available for use by all Territorians irrespective of their cultural and linguistic background
NT Northern Territory