Tasmania Minister for Science and Technology Michael Ferguson
Recognising Excellence In STEM
Victor P Taffa
2019 Tasmanian STEM Excellence Awards for excellence in science, technology, engineering and maths are now officially open for nominations, Minister for Science and Technology Michael Ferguson said.
Launching in line with National Science Week (10-18 August), these awards recognise our leading local scientific practitioners, researchers, teachers and students, with a total prize pool of $30,000.
Tasmania’s science and technology sectors produce innovation and efficiencies that benefit all of us including through products and services that improve our quality of life, grow our economy and create more jobs for Tasmanians.
Hodgman Government is proud to again partner with the University of Tasmania and Inspiring Australia to deliver the awards. Nominations are now open for:
- Tasmanian STEM Researcher of the Year;
- Tasmanian Young STEM Researcher of the Year;
- Tasmanian STEM Innovation of the Year;
- Tasmanian STEM Teacher of the Year for Primary Years;
- Tasmanian STEM Teacher of the Year for Secondary Years;
- Tasmanian STEM Communicator of the Year.