In Transport

Western Australia Minister for Transport Simon O’Brien

Harvest Mass Management Scheme To Continue

Victor P Taffa

The Liberal-National Government will continue the Harvest Mass Management Scheme for all grain receiver operations for the 2010-11 Harvest Season and beyond.

Transport Minister Simon O’Brien said following the success of the program during the 2009-10 harvest, the scheme would stay in place to provide the ongoing flexibility to cater for the variability in loads in transporting grain from farms to receivals bins.

“The Liberal-National Government’s decision to introduce this scheme last year has been an overwhelming success.” Mr. O’Brien said.

“The scheme is working well; it has recognised the practical difficulties in loading from farms which do not have weighing facilities.”

“The scheme’s duration period will be from October 1, 2010 to February 28, 2011.”

 

 

The Harvest Mass Management Scheme allows for an extra mass concession of up to 10 % for vehicles that are suitably rated to safely carry the additional load.

The Minister said while participation by grain receivals operators was voluntary, non-participatory operations would not benefit from the extra mass allowance granted to transport operators delivering grain to their receivals depots.

“I encourage more grain receivers to join the scheme. A document providing details of the Scheme Harvest Mass Management Scheme 2010/11 Business Rules will soon be sent to potential industry participants.” Mr. O’Brien said.

All grain receivers wishing to offer the scheme to transport operators are required to be approved by and registered with Main Roads WA.

Main Roads WA will monitor compliance with the requirements of the scheme by continuing the audit and on-road enforcement regime established during 2009-10.

0

Start typing and press Enter to search