Western Australia Minister for Science and Innovation John Day
WA Science Wins Innovation Scheme Trifecta
Victor P Taffa
- Schemes to promote industry, science and innovation in WA
- Business development boosts areas of strategic importance to the State
- Minister calls for expressions of interest and applications
Science and Innovation Minister John Day today launched three new programs as part of the State Government’s work to build industry, science and innovation in Western Australia.
Mr. Day said the programs aimed to enhance competitive advantage by fostering research, innovation and local business development to benefit areas of strategic importance to WA.
“The State Government is committed to investing in key areas that will deliver direct benefits to the State and also build a strong future for WA.” Mr. Day said.
“These three programs aim to encourage scientific research; support our research institutes to develop winning funding proposals; and enable small to medium sized enterprises to incorporate digital technologies.”
The Minister has called for expressions of interest in the Research Centres Program which aims to support successful applicants with three to five years of funding to undertake research and development in a specific and important area.
Applications have also been called for:
- Innovation Investment Facilitation Program: aims to support the development of funding applications to successfully leverage significant Commonwealth, international and industry funding into the State
- Innovation Capability Development Program, WA Business Online: aims to support local businesses and industry to implement e-commerce and online economic activity.
Mr. Day said these programs would support key research, innovation and industry initiatives.
“The development of world class infrastructure and research, collaborative links across sectors and enhancing the capability of local industry and businesses are just some of the benefits the programs will deliver for WA.” Mr. Day said.
- Programs are State Government initiative supporting industry, science and innovation