Western Australia Minister for Planning John Day
Boost For Economic Development In Bullsbrook
Victor P Taffa
- Amendment to facilitate industrial development of 428.99 ha of land
- Potential employment opportunities to benefit Bullsbrook and Ellenbrook
- Land in close proximity to adequate road and rail infrastructure
Planning Minister John Day today announced a Metropolitan Region Scheme Amendment to facilitate the industrial development of 428.99 ha of land at South Bullsbrook.
“This amendment will allow for the development of primarily general and light industrial land following an amendment to the local planning scheme, detailed structure planning and subdivision approval.” Mr. Day said.
“The growth in the metropolitan area’s north-east corridor is expected to continue and this proposed amendment will help provide employment opportunities to benefit the wider Bullsbrook and Ellenbrook community.”
The amendment is in close proximity to the future extension of the Perth-Darwin National Highway and the Perth-Geraldton railway, with convenient access to the regional road network.
The Minister said the amendment accords with the endorsed Economic and Employment Lands Strategy as it was identified as a ‘Potential Medium Term Non-Heavy Industrial Site’.
“The strategy also identifies the potential for an inter-modal terminal either to the west or south of the subject land.” Mr. Day said.
- Conceptual structure planning has been undertaken for the site
- Illustrates potential scale, nature and spatial arrangement of land uses
- Road networks within amendment area