Western Australia Minister for Seniors and Volunteering Robyn McSweeney
New WA Seniors Card Discount Directory Offers Generous Concessions
Victor P Taffa
From July 1, WA Seniors Card holders will be able to access wide-ranging State Government concessions and discounts from 14 Government Agencies and more than 500 Private Businesses.
Seniors and Volunteering Minister Robyn McSweeney said the concessions and discounts were listed in the latest edition of the WA Seniors Card Discount Directory.
Mrs. McSweeney today launched the directory at Perth Zoo, which currently offers WA Seniors Card holders a 20 % discount on the general admission price.
“The Government continues to recognise the enormous contribution West Australian seniors have made, and continue to make, to their local communities and the discount directory is an important way to keep our promise to seniors of a better deal.” the Minister said.
“Many of the offers, such as the generous transport discounts, provide practical support to enable older West Australians to stay socially connected and live more active and productive lives.”
“The card rewards and recognises our seniors for their contribution to the State and I encourage all card holders to take advantage of the discounts on offer.” Mrs. McSweeney said.
The Minister said the discount directory complemented the Government’s significant initiatives for seniors where it had already successfully implemented the Cost of Living Rebate; the Seniors Safety and Security Rebate; recently celebrated a year of free metropolitan transport and concession fares for seniors; and introduced the Country Age Pension Fuel Card.
Some Seniors Card concessions and discounts listed in the 2010-12 directory includes:
- Up to 25 % Rebate on Water Fees;
- Up to 25 % Rebate on Local Council Rates and FESA Levies;
- Rebates on Power Bills;
- 50 % Rebate on Driver’s Licence Renewals;
- 50 % Discount on Recreational Fishing Licence Fees;
- Discounts on Admission to the Art Gallery of WA, Maritime Museum, Western Australian Museum and National Parks;
- Discounts on Tours and Accommodation at Rottnest Island;
- 50 % Discount on TRANSWA Regional Train and Coach Travel;
- Concession fares on all Transperth services and free travel on Sundays, public holidays and during Seniors Week.
The latest edition of the directory will be made available to nearly 300,000 Country and Metropolitan residents in the coming week.