South Australia Opposition Leader Isobel Redmond
Labor’s Five Minutes Of Work
Victor P Taffa
Despite South Australia lagging behind the rest of the nation the Government shut down Parliament early yesterday and only spent five minutes on Government Business in the House of Assembly today.
“It is clear that the Weatherill Labor Government has lost interest in governing South Australia.” Liberal Leader Isobel Redmond said.
“Parliament only sits for 50 days this year I think South Australians would be very disappointed to learn that the Government only spent five minutes on Government Business today.”
This is despite recently coming off a six week winter break and South Australia facing a number of important issues, including declining economic activity such as:
- The nation’s highest taxes
- The nation’s highest capital city water charges
- The nation’s worst business confidence
- The nation’s worst retail sales figures
- The nation’s worst export performance
- The nation’s highest youth unemployment rate
- The worst property sales figures in 27 years
- The nation’s worst performing workers compensation system
“Premier Weatherill could have used Government Business to put forward ideas on how to fix South Australia’s ailing economy.”
“But this Labor Government which has run out of ideas, simply shut up shop.” Ms. Redmond said.