Western Australia Minister for Health Roger Cook
Health Service Board Chairpersons Reappointed
Victor P Taffa
- 4 of the inaugural Health Service Board chairpersons reappointed,
- Boards continue to drive performance and innovation in Western Australia health system,
- Appointments extended for a further 3-year term.
4 of the inaugural Health Service Board chairpersons have been reappointed for a further 3-year term.
Western Australian health system established 5 Health Service Boards in 2016 to help the system become more responsive to the changing needs of local communities, including the need to provide care closer to home.
“Reappointment of these 4 board chairpersons is a testament to their leadership and the valuable contribution they are making to our health system.” Minister for Health Roger Cook said.
“Health Service Boards play a crucial role in ensuring the delivery of safe, high-quality and sustainable health care to our communities, while also driving clinical and financial performance.”
With their initial 3-year terms expiring on June 30, 2019, 4 of the inaugural Health Service Board chairpersons have been asked to continue in their roles. They are:
- Debbie Karasinski AM, Child and Adolescent Health Service Board;
- Robert McDonald, South Metropolitan Health Service Board;
- Ian Smith PSM, East Metropolitan Health Service Board;
- Professor Neale Fong, Western Australia Country Health Service Board.
Fifth board chairperson is Hon Jim McGinty AM, North Metropolitan Health Service who was appointed in July 2018 and is only 1 year into his term.
Process for reappointment of Health Service Board members is currently underway.