Western Australia Minister for Lands Brendon Grylls
New Industrial Lot Released In Kununurra
Victor P Taffa
- Industrial land available to meet Ord expansion opportunities
- LandCorp calls for expressions of interest (EOI) on 1.98ha site
- Land supports State Government development of East Kimberley
- EOI close on August 15, 2013
The State Government has called for expressions of interest in a new 1.98 ha industrial lot on the outskirts of Kununurra.
Lands Minister Brendon Grylls said the opening up of industrial land was a key component of the Government’s ongoing investment in economic and community infrastructure in the East Kimberley.
Mr. Grylls said the large industrial lot could suit businesses looking to capitalise on opportunities presented by the State Government’s Ord expansion project.
As part of the project, Kimberley Agricultural Investment (KAI) will lease and create 13,400 ha of irrigated farmland and develop export industries in the region.
“Major projects like the Ord expansion will boost the local economy, create jobs and generate significant opportunities for businesses of all sizes.” the Minister said.
“In order to make the most of development in the region, it is important that businesses have access to a range of industrial land.”
The 1.98 ha Lot 9000 is zoned for light industrial use has sealed road frontage and can easily be serviced.
It is located adjacent to Stage Two of LandCorp’s Weaber Plain Light Industrial Estate, which has available a number of fully serviced lots suited to smaller enterprises.
Lots in Stage Two of Weaber Plain measure from 2,000 sqm to 2,537 sqm and are priced from $380,000. LandCorp will also allow the amalgamation of these lots to meet business needs.
Expressions of interest for Lot 9000 will close on August 15, 2013.
- The Ord-East Kimberley project is funded by the Federal and State governments, with more than $311 Million from the State Government’s Royalties for Regions program
- This contributes to infrastructure such as irrigation channels, drainage and roads, and the creation of farmlands
- In May 2013, Kimberley Agricultural Investment (KAI) was confirmed as the proponent to lease and create 13,400 ha of irrigated farmland and develop export industries in the region as part of the Ord-East Kimberley Expansion Project