Western Australia Minister for Regional Development and Lands Brendon Grylls
Developer Sought For New Hotel In Karratha
Victor P Taffa
- LandCorp calls for Expressions of Interest to develop and operate new premium hotel in Karratha
- Prime site in upgraded Karratha CBD
The State Government is calling for Expressions of Interest (EOI) from developers and operators to construct and run a premium hotel in Karratha, which will become a centrepiece of the new City of the North vision.
Located in the heart of the Karratha CBD, the hotel will form part of The Quarter a commercial and entertainment precinct being delivered by Mirvac in collaboration with LandCorp.
The hotel was originally planned to be delivered by Mirvac, but due to changes in Mirvac’s corporate structure LandCorp is now seeking a new partner to build and operate the hotel.
Regional Development and Lands Minister Brendon Grylls said the hotel would form a key part of The Quarter, improving facilities for business and the community.
“Tourism and hospitality are vital in a diversified economy and we are looking to ensure these industries join the resources sector as thriving parts of Karratha’s economy.” Mr. Grylls said.
“The proposed hotel will provide improved facilities for locals, businesses and visitors, with good conference and meeting facilities.”
Located on the site of the former aquatic centre, the hotel will have frontage to the town’s main street Sharpe Avenue and the future east-west link with connection to Karratha’s growing suburbs.
The Quarter will complement the significant Royalties for Regions-funded upgrades to Karratha’s city centre that are currently under way.
Submissions close 2pm (WST) August 1, 2013. A Request for Proposal process will follow the EOI to shortlisted proponents. For further information contact CBRE on 9320 0087.
- EOI submissions to develop and operate a new hotel in Karratha close 2 pm (WST) August 1, 2013
- The Quarter is part of the $1.5 Billion Karratha City of the North project which also includes the Mulataga coastal residential community.
- It will include two commercial buildings with approximately 10,000 sqm of retail and office space, residential apartments, a major public square and a multi-storey car park