Victoria Minister for Education James Merlino
Awards Celebrate Excellence In Victorian Schools
Victor P Taffa
Among recipients recognised by the Andrews Government at the Victorian Education Excellence Awards include:
- Principal who worked to achieve the best results in their school’s history,
- Teacher helping students to improve their mental and physical wellbeing,
- Primary school supporting Aboriginal culture and achievement.
Minister for Education James Merlino today congratulated award winners of the Victorian Education Excellence Awards, which recognise inspirational teachers, principals, business managers and education support staff.
“Our teachers, principals and education professionals do such an important job educating our young people. These awards are a fantastic opportunity to recognise Victorians who dedicate their careers to education.” Minister for Education James Merlino said.
“Congratulations to all award recipients and all 35 finalists on their outstanding work in helping Victorian students to reach their full potential.”
Excellence Awards are presented at a prestigious ceremony at the Plaza Ballroom in Melbourne, which coincides with Australia’s celebration of World Teachers’ Day on 25 October.
This year’s Victorian Education Excellence Award winners are:
- Lindsay Thompson Award for Excellence in Education 2019 – Michelle Roberts, Mordialloc College
- Outstanding Primary Teacher Award 2019 – Dimple Bhardwaj, Hillsmeade Primary School
- Outstanding Secondary Teacher Award 2019 – Broady Kata, Officer Secondary College
- Outstanding Primary Principal Award 2019 – Michelle Bickley-Miller, Warrnambool East Primary School
- Outstanding Secondary Principal Award 2019 – Michelle Roberts, Mordialloc College
- Outstanding Business Manager Award 2019 – Nicole Tudor, Christmas Hills Primary School
- Outstanding Education Support Team Award 2019 – Clifton Springs Primary School
- Outstanding Koorie Education Award 2019 – Thornbury Primary School
- Outstanding Inclusive Education Award 2019 – Horsham Special School
- Outstanding School Improvement Award 2019 – Western Port Secondary College
- Lawrie Shears Excellence in Global Teaching and Learning Award 2019 – Birmingham Primary School
- Excellence in Physical Education and Activity – Primary Teacher Award 2019 – Dominic McCaffrey, Albany Rise Primary School
- Excellence in Physical Education and Activity – Secondary Teacher Award 2019 – Whitney Kennedy, Swan Hill College.
Victorian Education Excellence Award winners will receive grants of up to $25,000 to undertake professional learning and access resources and opportunities to drive excellence in Victorian public education.