Northern Territory Chief Minister Michael Gunner
Northern Territory Minister for Primary Industry and Resources Paul Kirby
Creating Ongoing Local Jobs and Boosting Investor Confidence in the Territory
Victor P Taffa
Northern Territory Santos has announced further development to their Barossa project with awarding of the contract for the Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) facility, located 300 kms north of Darwin with further final investment decisions being made by 2021.
“It took a Labor Government to deliver INPEX and it’s taken a Labor Government to deliver the post INPEX plan, which the CLP failed to do.” Chief Minister Michael Gunner said.
“Labor Government is now delivering on its promise to make the Territory a world class hub for gas production and manufacturing and services.”
With a number of gas projects on the horizon, the Territory is in a position for continued ongoing jobs in this sector.
“Territory Government’s focus on creating local jobs and supporting local businesses is being delivered through the commencement of these projects.” Minister for Primary Industry and Resources Paul Kirby said.
“Under our Government, we are seeing confidence in the Territory’s mining sector and strong interest in our resources will continue to support investment into the Territory’s mining sector creating local business opportunities and delivering local jobs.”
- Joint $1.2 Billion McDermott and Darwin Clean Fuels project to create a cleaner, greener fuel processing plant in Middle Arm.
- Works are expected to begin in early 2021, creating 140 ongoing jobs and 400 jobs during construction.
- Western Australian chemical company Coogee commenced a feasibility study into a methanol plant near Darwin. The 350,000-tonne p.a. plant will also be located at Middle Arm industrial precinct.
- A final investment decision is expected in early 2021, with construction commencing soon after, estimating 350 ongoing jobs and 1,000 jobs during construction.
Kittyhawk micro LNG Project:
- Western Australian Company Gold Valley Energy Pty Ltd and Chinese company ENN Ecological Holdings Co. Ltd signed a Memorandum of Understanding last month for a $100 Million investment into the Kittyhawk micro LNG Project at Middle Arm, to sell LNG and provide cheaper, cleaner energy source to remote, high demand users within 1,500 km of Darwin.
- Construction is due to commence in early 2021 creating 40 ongoing jobs and 100 jobs during construction.
CLP Country Liberal Party