Victoria Minister for Health David Davis
Minister Plibersek, Is The Cheque In The Mail?
Victor P Taffa
The Federal Labor Government has failed to pay Victoria more than $159 Million for hospital building projects despite Health Minister Tanya Plibersek’s claim almost two months ago that she had signed the cheque.
Victorian Health Minister, David Davis said after ripping $475 Million out of Victoria’s general health funding late last year, Ms. Plibersek was all talk and no action on delivering hospital funding.
“Minister Plibersek was keen to tell everyone that we had not submitted our account for this work, but the invoice was sent to her on November 12, so it’s time now for her to put the stamp on the envelope and ensure that the cheque really is in the mail.” Mr. Davis said.
“It’s now some five weeks since we sent the letters to Canberra, and the promised money hasn’t been forthcoming.”
“Work on most of these projects is either well advanced or in some cases completed, so we would appreciate the Federal Government meeting its obligations.” Mr. Davis said.
Mr. Davis said Victoria had committed $140.13 Million on top of the Federal Government’s promised contribution to the 11 hospital projects which included:
- Albury-Wodonga Regional Cancer Centre;
- Ballarat Health Services dental clinic;
- Barwon Health integrated regional cancer service;
- Colac Area Health youth health hub;
- East Grampians Health Service dialysis upgrade;
- Echuca Regional Health expansion;
- Kerang District Health redevelopment;
- Kilmore Hospital redevelopment;
- Kyneton ambulatory care project;
- Mildura Base Hospital expansion;
- Timboon & District Healthcare project.