Western Australia Minister for Transport Troy Buswell
Bridge Repairs To Improve Safety
Victor P Taffa
- Major repairs to Harris Bridge will improve community connectivity
- $1.28 Million contract awarded to Structural Systems Pty Ltd
Transport Minister Troy Buswell today announced a $1.28 Million contract had been awarded to Structural Systems (Civil) Pty Ltd to undertake major bridgeworks on Brand Highway in the Wheatbelt north region.
“The work will involve deck replacement, structural and pile repairs and related timber bridge works on Harris Bridge, which is located over Caren Caren Brook.” Mr. Buswell said.
“The State Government is committed to improving the safety of country roads. These works will improve community road safety as the speed limit across this area had been reduced for almost a year due to the gradual deterioration and disrepair of the bridge.”
“Other benefits of this project include increasing the lifespan of the bridge and lower long-term maintenance costs.”
Work is scheduled to start this month with estimated completion by July and will be managed by Main Roads Western Australia, Wheatbelt North Region (WBN).
- Contract funded by State Government and managed by Main Roads WA, WBN
- Brand Highway is major link connecting Perth to Geraldton
- Over past four years, Liberal National Govt has spent $4.004 Billion on the road network