St. George Local Area Command
Additional Charges Laid Against Man Following Armed Robbery And Pursuit – Taren Point
Police have laid further charges against a man at court following an armed robbery and pursuit in Sydney’s South last week.
A 35-year-old Glebe man appeared at Sutherland Local Court yesterday (Wednesday 13 January) charged with:
- Robbery whilst armed with dangerous weapon in company,
- Detain person for advantage,
- Unlawful take/drive motor vehicle with person in (Carjacking)
- Drive conveyance taken without consent of owner.
This follows the man’s arrest after the robbery of a bowling club at Taren Point and subsequent pursuit of a stolen Volkswagen Golf and further pursuit of a Toyota Corolla allegedly carjacked by the man on Sunday 10 January.
Detectives from St. George Local Area Command investigating the matter laid three additional charges against the man at court yesterday. These include:
- Aggravated dangerous driving occasioning grievous bodily harm,
- Dangerous driving occasioning grievous bodily harm,
- Fail to stop and assist after vehicle impact causing grievous bodily harm.
The man did not make an application for bail and has been refused bail to appear at Central Local Court on Tuesday 9 March.
Police are continuing their investigations to identify two other men are believed to have been involved in the matter and were last seen running from the intersection of Brodie Sparks Drive and the Princes Highway on Sunday 10 January.
Anyone with information that could assist investigators is urged to contact St George Police via Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.