Sutherland Local Area Command
Man Charged With Drugs And Weapons Offences – Sutherland
A man has been charged with numerous drugs and weapons offences in Sydney’s south yesterday.
Following an ongoing investigation into the supply of prohibited drugs within the Sutherland area, shortly before 2pm yesterday Police executed a search warrant at a unit on the Princes Highway, Sutherland.
Police will allege they located and seized:
- Three sets of handcuffs,
- Capsicum spray,
- A quantity of cannabis,
- A quantity of methylamphetamine,
- About 50 rounds of ammunition for a handgun,
- A walking stick with a concealed blade,
- Stolen credit cards, an amount of cash,
- A live explosive device,
- About 1,000 CDs suspected of being the proceeds of crime
- A large amount of drug paraphernalia.
A 39-year-old man was arrested at the scene and taken to Sutherland Police Station.
He was charged with:
- Six counts of possessing a prohibited weapon (OC spray, three sets of handcuffs, walking stick/knife, homemade explosive),
- Three counts of possessing instructions for the manufacture of a prohibited drug,
- Two counts of receiving stolen property;
- One count each of possessing a prohibited drug,
- Supplying a prohibited drug,
- Possessing ammunition without a licence,
- Handling an explosive without a licence,
- Possessing suspected stolen goods
- Possessing drug utensils.
The man was refused bail and is due to appear at Sutherland Local Court today.