Tasmania Minister for Health Michael Ferguson
New Pay Deal For Ambos
Victor P Taffa
Minister for Health Michael Ferguson announced that a new Ambulance Tasmania Enterprise Bargaining Agreement has today been formally registered with the Tasmanian Industrial Commission.
The agreement reflects the formal offer the Government made last month based on good-faith negotiations.
- Base salary increases of 2 %,
- Effect from the first full pay period on or after December 1, 2014,
- Due to expire in mid-2018,
- Restructuring of communications classifications,
- Improved deployment flexibility in rural stations,
- Improved meal break protocols to promote staff safety,
- Other positive reforms.
The Government is pleased to see this matter concluded, in addition to the 14 % pay rise paramedics were awarded after we resolved the long-running Work Value Claim last year.
“I would like to thank our hard-working ambulance staff for their patience during this process, and look forward to continuing to support them as they deliver vital services to Tasmanians.” Mr. Ferguson said.