State Crime Command Robbery and Serious Crime Squad
114 Additional Charges Laid Over Security Van Robberies Carjacking And Murder Conspiracy
Robbery and Serious Crime Squad
Robbery and Serious Crime Squad detectives will lay an additional 114 charges against three men in court today, following ongoing investigations into alleged armed robberies on armoured cash security vans and other serious offences.
Detectives expect to lay an additional 114 charges against three men at Central Local Court today when they appear in relation to previous charges following an alleged armed robbery of an armoured cash security van at Potts Point on 12 January this year.
A 22-year-old man will be charged with an additional 37 offences while a 26-year-old man with an additional 39 offences and a 23-year-old man with an additional 38 offences including:
- Robbery whilst armed with a dangerous weapon, and related charges, following the alleged armed robbery of an armoured security van at Potts Point on 12 January, North Sydney on 10 February, Lane Cove on 20 April, Bellevue Hill on 25 May, Epping on 28 May, and North Sydney on 22 June. The 26-year-old will also be charged in relation to an alleged armed robbery of a bank at Leichhardt on 9 April.
- The 22 and 23-year-old men will be charged with fire at a dwelling, following the shooting of a man at Glebe on 23 February. The 23-year-old will also be charged with discharge firearm with intent.
- Conspiracy to murder, in relation to an incident on 29 April.
- Take motor vehicle with assault, and related charges following an alleged car-jacking at Kings Cross on 6 June.
- Receiving stolen property, and related charges, following the recovery of a silver BMW at Marrickville on 12 August, and recovery of a black BMW at Strathfield on 19 August.
Strike Force Castlemaine comprises detectives from the State Crime Command’s Robbery and Serious Crime Squad, and officers are working in conjunction with Strike Force Brittania to investigate robberies on armoured cash security vans.