Western Australia Minister for Sport and Recreation Mia Davies
$8 Million Supports Strong Sporting Culture In WA
Victor P Taffa
- $8 Million to support 86 State Sporting Associations and 16 peak bodies
- A strong club system creates a diverse and vibrant sporting system
Sports ranging from fencing to cricket, and parachuting to rugby union, will share in $8.08 Million as part of the Liberal National Government’s Organisational Sustainability Program.
Sport and Recreation Minister Mia Davies said the funding would help 102 State Sporting Associations and peak bodies run their business and stay sustainable for their members.
“Western Australia has a vibrant sporting culture with a diverse range of sports and recreation activities on offer for people of all ages.” Ms. Davies said.
“This funding helps local sport and recreation organisations deliver programs in the community and contributes to making our system, one of the strongest in the sports and recreation world.”
In this round, funding has gone to 102 associations and peak bodies including:
- Archery WA,
- Boxing WA,
- Gymnastics WA,
- Inclusion WA,
- Netball WA,
- Outdoors WA,
- Parks and Leisure Australia,
- Surfing WA,
- Tennis West,
- WA Basketball Federation,
- WA Council of the Australian Power Boat Association,
- WA Flying Disc Association,
- WA Football Commission,
- WA Ice Skating Association.
Department of Sport and Recreation administers the program and works with each organisation to develop good governance and strong community outcomes.
“Our local sporting model allows sport and active recreation organisations to run their own sustainable programs, from building grassroots participation to high performance pathways.” Ms. Davies said.
- Liberal National Government has invested $169 Million in more than 1,000 sporting facilities since 2008